With Apples recent controversy over them affecting battery performance, a lot of you might be curious to find out the health of the battery in your iPhone or any iOS device. The good news is there are 3 simple ways to check the battery health on your Apple device.
The Apple Support app
Installing the Official Apple Support app is the easiest way to check your battery health. Make you you remember your Apple ID because your Apple ID is required.
- After you’ve logged in you should start a text conversation with Apple support and select the device you want to be tested.
- When you start communicating with an Apple technician simple inform them that you want to know about the status of your battery.
- They will then instruct you through the process.
- After you’ve completed the process a report will be sent to the representative.
The Coconut Battery App
If you don’t have access to an Apple Store or you need more info than what Apple Support has to offer, then you can download and install a third-party app called Coconut Battery.
Coconut Battery app is not available in the Apple Store so a word of warning: Installing this third-party app outside of the Apple’s official channels is something you’re doing at your own risk.
- If you choose to install this app, you’re going to have to connect your iPhone to a Mac device via a USB cable.
- When you have finished installing the Coconut Battery app and grant it permission access your Mac device. You then CLICK the iOS tab, then just look at the design capacity of your battery.
- If it’s under 80% you should take the phone back to Apple and have the battery replaced.
Go to the Apple Store
The Apple Store has all the tools you need to do a full diagnostics test on your smartphone’s battery. So just visit our local Apple Store in person to conduct the necessary tests and they will be happy to answer any questions that you might have. But before you head over to your Apple Store you need to make an appointment by going to the Apple’s Support page.
If you decide to get a replacement battery it will cost you $29 and there are 3 ways to get a replacement done:
- At an authorized Apple service center
- By mail
- At an Apple Store
Also, Check Out:
Best Wood Headphones for 2018
Best Headphones for 2018
The Best Electric Skateboards Under $500 for 2018 HERE
Best Powered Smart Backpacks for 2018
Best Wood Bluetooth Speakers for 2018 HERE
Best Bluetooth Speakers for 2018 HERE